Latest Current Affairs
To go through this current affairs section is beneficial all aspirants to enhanced their day to day knowledge. Daily, Monthly and Yearly Current affairs 2020, Current affairs quiz,etc., Latest Questions and Answers for all competitive exams UPSC, SSC, IAS, RRB and Latest Current Affairs 2020 for IBPS, SBI & RBI Clerk & Probationary officer and more. Free quiz are also available on latest current affairs, The resource of this Current Affairs section is the facts and events about the International, National, Sports, Business, Banking Current Affairs and we hope that this section is become more and more beneficial to all aspirants to improve the skill to compete the battle of competition for every Government & Private Jobs
Startup Ecosystem Rankings by StartupBlink
What is StartrpBlink?
StartupBlink is the world’s most comprehensive startup ecosystem map and research center, provide dozens of public sector startup ecosystem developers with mapping, analysis and promotion modules.
What is ecosystem?
The simplest definition of an ecosystem is that it is a group or community of living organisms that live in and interact with each other in a specific environment. For example, A tropical forest is the good example of ecosystems made up of living beings such as trees, plants, animals, insects and micro-organisms that are in constant interaction between themselves and that are affected by other physical (sun, temperature) or chemical (oxygen or nutrients) components.
StartupBlink has launched its Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2019 based on the worldwide countries and ranks 1,000 cities and 100 countries. In this first report is based on the track of both momentum and trends within the global startup ecosystem.
StartupBlink’s Startup Ecosystem Ranking Criteria – Every country and city rankings have a total score, which is the sum of following three measuring system
- Business environment
Based on the above total score, the ranking results is being prepared and covering all the crucial information on each ranked country and city.
The India was ranked 17th position among 100 countries in Startup Ecosystem Ranking for 2019 released by StartupBlink. It was ranked 37th spot last year. The report ranks countries based on the strength of its startup ecosystem.
Things to Remember:
♦ India ranked at the 17th place.
♦ The United States topped with score 123.167 in the Startup Ecosystem Rankings Report 2020.
♦ The ranking is based upon three primary parameters: 1 Quantity, 2 Quality, 3 Business Environment
♦ In terms of cities, only 4 Indian cities come in the top 100 cities. At 14th rank Silicon Valley Bengaluru (at the top Indian city) .Delhi ranked 15th rank, Mumbai ranked 22nd and Hyderabad ranked 96th.
♦ The top three international cities with the best startup ecosystems are San Francisco Bay, United States, New York, United States, London, United Kingdom
India and Bhutan signed MoU
India and Bhutan signed MoU in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources.
India and Bhutan signed a MoU. That will enable to promote the healthy atmosphere and long term cooperation, in the field of environment protection and management of natural resources on the basis of ownership, interrelationship and mutual benefits.
The Union Cabinet chaired by The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has already approved the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Bhutan. The idea behind this agreement is to improve cooperation in the areas of the Environment.
Keeping in view the interest of both sides and mutually agreed priorities, it was decided to sign a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) covering the areas of Air, Waste, Chemical Management, Climate change and any other areas jointly decided upon in environment has been considered, The MoU was signed between the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB), Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) of India and the National Environment Commission (NEC) of Bhutan on 11 March 2013. This MoU expired on 10 March 2016. Considering the benefits of the earlier MoU, both sides have decided to continue cooperation and collaboration in the field of Environment.
focal point of the MoU
- The MoU will facilitate the promotion of closer and long-term cooperation in environmental protection taking into account the laws and legal provisions of both countries.
- Keeping in view the aspects of mutually agreed priorities, the MoU will cover the following areas of the environment; Air, Waste, Chemical Management, Climate Change, any other areas jointly decided.
- The MoU shall be continue to remain in force for a period of 10 years.
- There will be the provision of bilateral meetings to review and analyze the progress of activities by their respective Ministries/Agencies to analyse and review the progress.
- The MoU shall also be facilitate the exchange of experiences, best practices through both public and private sectors and shall contribute to a creditable development.
- The financial implications of the proposed MoU are limited to the holding a Joint Working Group meetings which shall meet alternatively in India and Bhutan.
MORE TO KNOW ABOUT INDIA AND BHUTAN
Important between Indo-Bhutan
- Diplomatic relations between India and Bhutan were started with the establishment a India’s special office in Thimphu in the year 1968.
- Bhutan shares its border with Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, West Bengal and Sikkim.
- There are many diplomatic mechanisms between these two countries in the field of security, border, trade, transit, economic, hydro-power, water resources etc.
- Bhutan follow the India’s two major policies – the ‘Neighborhood First Policy’ and the ‘Act-East Policy’.
- India constructed three operational Hydroelectric Projects (HEPs) in Bhutan total capacity 1416 MW and exporting surplus power to India.
- Many scholarships available for the Bhutanese students pursuing undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate by India,
- In recent past India and Bhutan took a jointly stand in the year 2017 against China during Dokalam tri-junction.
Friendship Treaty between India and Bhutan
- Bhutan and India signed the Treaty of Friendship on 08th August 1949, maintaining for peace between the two nations and No Interference in each the countries internal affairs.
- Bhutan agreed India to guide in it’s foreign policy and both nations would consult each other closely on foreign and defence matters.
- India replace the 1949 treaty and signed a new treaty of friendship in 2007.
- Neither of the Government shall allow to use of its territory for the harmful activities to the national security.
Real Time Market in electricity
Real Time Market in electricity launched by pan-india.
A pan-India real time market in electricity was launched by Minister of State (Independent Charge) R K Singh through video conference. It has been Proposed on the league of the few International electricity market placed in the world, which has real time market‘
About the Market:
- The real-time market is an organised market platform to enable the buyers and sellers pan-India to meet their energy requirement closer to real-time operation.
- This step has been placed on the league of few electricity markets in the world, which have a real-time market operation.
- The concept of “Gate Closure” (In a wholesale electricity market, gate closure refers to the time at which market participants must submit their final bids and offers for electricity) has been introduced. Buyers/Sellers shall have the option of placing buy/sell bids for each allotted time block.
♦ Real Time Market in electricity is an organized market platform to enable the buyers and sellers (pan-India) to meet their energy requirements closer to real-time operation.
♦ Real-time market will help to introduce to bring the required flexibility in the market to provide real-time balance while ensuring the best use of the available surplus capacity in the system.
♦It helps to organized a planned market at a national level and will also help to manage the mixture in the demand pattern in the country.
♦ The pan-India help to speed up ti achieve the capacity target of 175 GW of Government of India by 2022.
♦ The real-time market would help to check in increasing challenges to the grid management due to the random and changing the nature of renewable energy generation and help to consolidate the higher quantum of renewable energy resources into the grid.
♦ The real-Time market would lead to cost expansion of power purchase and serving the consumers with genuine supply.
New Chairman & Managing Director (MD) of NFL
Shri Virendra Nath Datt took over the additional charge of Chairman & Managing Director of the Company on 3rd June 2020. Shri Datt is associated with Company as Director (Marketing) since October 2018.
Mr, Dutt is an MBA from Maharshi Dayanand University, he has a great professional experience of over 35 years with premier CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) are those companies in which the direct holding of the Central Government or other CPSEs is 51% or more) such as GAIL and ONGC,
Prior to NFL, Shri Datt was Executive Director in GAIL (India) Limited where he handled all India marketing operations of the company in addition to Corporate Strategy, Planning and Advocacy. He was also a Director on the Board of Mahanagar Gas Ltd., Mumbai.
As Director (Marketing) of NFL, Shri Datt is credited with sustained growth in fertilizer sale of company from 43 Lakh MT in 2017-18 to 57 Lakh MT in 2019-20, an increase of 32% over previous two years. During this period, NFL established a pan India footprint in the fertilizer industry.
All the candidates please drop your Comment in comment box. If candidates have any Query Regarding this Post, So please stay with us. For more details keep in touch with our website